Author Topic: What Happened to Moonlight Rhapsody?  (Read 298 times)

Alucard

• Scholar of the Occult
  • Administrator
  • Fledgling
  • #1 SotN Yaoi Truther
    • Personal Site
What Happened to Moonlight Rhapsody?
« on: August 10, 2023, 11:15:53 AM »
Does anyone here know what fate befell the Chinese mobile game Castlevania: Moonlight Rhapsody? It seemed like we were getting leaks pretty regularly after it was first announced, and then it just...... kinda fell off the face of the earth.

I've seen people claim that it was cancelled, or put on indefinite hiatus, but was there ever any sort of official statement made about it? I haven't heard about it in forever and it feels kind of strange.....
On the internet, nobody knows that you're a wizard!

wygolvillage

• Shanoa
  • Fledgling
  • SHALAURA YURI FOREVER!!!!!!!!
    • Wygol Village
Re: What Happened to Moonlight Rhapsody?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2023, 02:42:07 PM »
It's pretty mysterious. I remember the cancellation rumours started around when GOS got revived and put on Apple Arcade and I hadn't really heard anything about it since.

Alucard

• Scholar of the Occult
  • Administrator
  • Fledgling
  • #1 SotN Yaoi Truther
    • Personal Site
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2023, 10:35:26 AM »
Well, it looks like we finally have something resembling an update about Moonlight Rhapsody.

Found on Reddit, it seems that the latest rumor is that the dev team has decided to turn Moonlight Rhapsody into a Castlevania fighting game. Ayup.

Considering the fact that it's a mobile game, and the....... dubious quality of Castlevania Judgment, I don't have much hope for it going forward. Not that I had much in the first place.
On the internet, nobody knows that you're a wizard!

wygolvillage

• Shanoa
  • Fledgling
  • SHALAURA YURI FOREVER!!!!!!!!
    • Wygol Village
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2023, 04:18:23 PM »
Ah... hmm.  That's definitely interesting. I guess that's one part of the mystery solved.

FWIW I actually like a lot of the Judgment designs (less so the writing) but I've never played it myself (I got those OOE hard mode bonuses the hard way lol)