Author Topic: What Kind of Music Would the Castlevania Protagonists Listen To?  (Read 129 times)

Alucard

• Scholar of the Occult
  • Administrator
  • Fledgling
  • #1 SotN Yaoi Truther
    • Personal Site
So, assuming that they would somehow have access to music from the modern age, what kinds of music do you think that the Castlevania protagonists would like?

I ask because I've been listening to a lot of black metal as of late, and I think that it's a genre that Alucard would probably enjoy. I mean, Pale Swordsman by Këkht Aräkh has got to be the Alucard album as far as I'm concerned. I also feel like he would have a shitty Dungeon Synth project that maybe three people follow on Bandcamp.
On the internet, nobody knows that you're a wizard!

wygolvillage

• Shanoa
  • Fledgling
  • SHALAURA YURI FOREVER!!!!!!!!
    • Wygol Village
Re: What Kind of Music Would the Castlevania Protagonists Listen To?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2024, 04:32:04 PM »
-I have a friend who's really into 80s metal bands whose favorite character is Richter so I associate them.

-I like to think Shanoa would be into goth rock generally (I feel like she would really like the album "The Hating Tree" by Autumn, and probably also some Switchblade Symphony and The Mission) but aside from goth-adjacent genres she also likes Evanescence and similar bands.

-Laura is into Kate Bush and Cocteau Twins and probably collects records and cds and stuff, and is has a lot of technocal knowledge about which synths are used in tracks, etc. She strikes me as a music enthusiast, maybe she even dabbles in writing some herself sometimes

-Albus will listen to anything that's screamy and abrasive enough

Alucard

• Scholar of the Occult
  • Administrator
  • Fledgling
  • #1 SotN Yaoi Truther
    • Personal Site
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2024, 02:15:06 PM »
-Albus will listen to anything that's screamy and abrasive enough

I know this probably isn't what you meant, but my mind immediately went to harsh noise fan Albus. Do NOT give this man the aux cord he's gonna start playing Merzbow!!!!
On the internet, nobody knows that you're a wizard!

wygolvillage

• Shanoa
  • Fledgling
  • SHALAURA YURI FOREVER!!!!!!!!
    • Wygol Village
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2024, 06:28:02 PM »
oh no I could totally see that.